It’s Friday y’all! I’m headed north to Chicago later this morning to have some fun with friends before tackling the half-marathon beast on Sunday. I just returned from the morning tapering ritual of a light run with Starbucks after, except this morning it was no run with a coffee after. I didn’t even bother to put the sneaks on.
All that’s left to do this morning are a few chores around the house and some packing!
Packing for an Out of Town Race:
- RUNNING SHOES AND SOCKS!
- Race day outfit (sports bra, tank, shorts)
- Dry clothes for after the race (t-shirt, change of shorts, new pair of socks)
- Deodorant and glide (anti-chafing)
- iPod and watch
- Chargers for iPod and watch
- Hair rubberbands and sweat headbands
- Photo ID (obvious for the drive up, but also for packet pickup)
- Water bottles
- Gu/gels/chomps/beans (whatever re-fueling method is)
- Fun clothes
Itinierary for the Weekend
- Packet Pick-up and Expo (maybe)
- Enjoying Chicago
- Meet up with friend Sally for coffee, dinner and movie night
- Early to bed!
- Early morning walk along the lake
- Brunch with high school friends
- Possibly back to Expo with Popsicle for more Packet Pickup
- Dinner at RPM Restaurant for carbs!
- Early to bed!
- Race day!
I’m really looking forward to this race. I’ve done one other Rock ‘n’ Roll event (New Orleans 2010) and really enjoyed the race. This will almost certainly be my warmest race (maybe 2010 Miami will rival it) but that’s why there’s no time pressure on it. Just run, smile and have a good time in a big city!