Hey all! How was the weekend?! Mine was jam-packed with activities to share with you so I’ll start from the beginning –
Friday – remember I told you this day would be very busy. Well it was – taught early morning class, saw a few clients, made it to a yoga class, grabbed lunch, hit the desk shift, had a few more clients and scurried off to babysitting.
February 10 – Day 6/10
Location: Bikram Yoga Memphis (round 4!) – 9:30 am class
Bikram = 90 minutes. 105 degree room. 40% humidity. Same series of 26 poses each time.
- The introductory breathing is quickly becoming my least favorite part of class. But I know it is beyond good for my cardio (and therefore running) endurance.
- I worked hard on #5 today and was able to extend my “floating” leg out to almost horizontal and hold for a few seconds. Balance is improving!
- 7 and 9 I was also able to do remarkably well (comparatively speaking) today. I held 9 on my left and right side for the entire time!
- Haven’t made it down to the floor on 12 yet.
- God bless 13.
- 17 is still terribly painful on my elbows – the instructors assure me that’s normal.
- 19 is coming along! I can get my legs off the ground a little bit.
- And 20 I am able to get backwards to my elbows but not completely on the ground. Yet.
I had big plans to get up and run 10 miles with my friend Lyndsay (she’s running the half next weekend with me) to practice some hills. I take full responsibility for my alarm not going off and we slept right up until brunch. Oops.
Instead I ran when I got back to Memphis.