“Racing teaches us to challenge ourselves. It teaches us to push beyond where we thought we could go. It helps us to find out what we are made of. This is what we do. This is what it’s all about.”
-PattiSue Plumer, U.S. Olympian
I was reminded after the Lisa Lassandrello 5k this past weekend just how rewarding races can be. There are lots of reasons to run a race – the community, the free food, the chance for a PR, the free t-shirt. So if you’re needing a little motivation to hit the road – sign up for one of these upcoming races!
Sunday, 29th – Winter XCC Race Series, 5k at Stanky Creek
Saturday, 4th – Mike Cody 4 Mile Classic, Rhodes College
Saturday, 11th – Valentine’s Day 10k/5k, Bartlett
Sunday, 12th – The Duck 5k, Mud Island
Sunday, 19th – Winter XCC Race Series, 8k at Stanky Creek
Saturday, 25th – Move It Memphis 5k/10k, Downtown
Sunday, 26th – Winter XCC Race Series, 10k at Shelby Farms
Saturday, February 11th – Cedars Frostbite Half Marathon, Lebanon, TN
Saturday, February 11th – Strawberry Plains Half Marathon & 10k, Knoxville, TN
Sunday, February 12th – Mercedes Half Marathon, Birmingham, AL
Sunday, February 19th – Livestrong Austin Half Marathon, Austin, TX (not particularly in the area – but I’ll be there!!)
Saturday, February 25th – Run for Hope Half Marathon, Oxford, MS
Sunday, March 4th – Rock & Roll Mardi Gras Half Marathon, New Orleans, LA (I’ve done this and highly recommend it!)
Sunday, March 18th – Germantown Half Marathon, Germantown, TN
For a full calendar this website is my go-to!
Feeling unprepared?! Train with The Pack!
- Half Marathon Training
- Begins Saturday, January 28th and will run all Saturdays through April.
- Personalized training plan for the Viking Half Marathon on March 31 in Mississippi but will also allow for completion of any races between now and April (Oxford, New Orleans, Germantown, Nashville, Louisville etc.)
- Mid-week runs on Wednesday mornings and weekend long runs on Saturdays through April.
- Email email@example.com or stop by Inside Out Gym for more info or to sign up!
- 5k Training
- For “wannabe” runners only! No previous experience needed!
- We will meet once a week to do a group run (day and time TBD based on participants’ schedules), and you will run/walk two other times on your own during the week.
- Educational program that covers a variety of running topics including shoes, nutrition, stretching, cross/strength training and racing!
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info or stop by Inside Out Gym!