Hey y’all! HAPPY NEW YEAR! I spent the end of 2011 with my best college girlfriends who descended on Louisville from Memphis, Austin, New Orleans and Nashville. We started 2012 off with a spontaneous dance party in the kitchen – nothing like silly fun with old friends!
In the nine hours spent in the car in the past two days, I’ve been working on my list of resolutions. I’m not a big one for resolutions necessarily but I do have some goals for this next year!
1. Run 1,000 miles. (Ran 2 this morning with my friend so only 998 to go!)
2. Cook one new recipe per week.
3. Run in one registered race per month.
4. Write at least five blog posts per week.
5. Run 13.1 miles at least once a month.
6. Keep strength training in my routine at least twice a week.
7. Choose a month to run every day – no excuses!
8. Read two books a month. Just. For. Fun.
9. Complete half-marathons in four more states.
10. Put my wallet on a diet by creating a heathy budget.
11. Run a half in 1:45.
12. Lose the post-race, holiday-fun extra dough that snuck up 🙂
Of course most of these are related to running, but that’s what this blog is for! I also tried to include some other areas of my life I’m tying to work on to broaden the discussion a bit.
I hope y’all had a fun celebration last night and are looking forward to the new year with optimism and excitement!
What plans do you have for 2012?