I know sometimes it can be hard to get going on Mondays. It’s a sad thing to depart with the freedom of your weekend, and work may make it hard to fit in time to workout. But Mondays are a great day to make sure you DO workout because it sets your mood for the week! So scoot on outside for your run or to the gym for you sweat session! Here are some quotes from the book I just finished, The Power of One
- the power of one – that in each of us there burns a flame of independence that must never be allowed to go out. That as long as it exists within us we cannot be destroyed.
- Pride is holding your head up when everyone around you has theirs bowed. Courage is what makes you do it.
- …listening is good camouflage. I soon discovered that it is also an art. You learn not simply to listen to what people say. It’s what people don’t say that is important. If you listen hard enough you can hear the most amazing things going on behind the speaker’s voice.
- Survival is a matter of actively making the system work for you rather than attempting to survive it.
- Mystery, not logic, is what gives us hope and keeps us believing in a force greater than our own insignificance.
- The power of one was based on the courage to remain separate, to think through to the truth, and not to be beguiled by convention or the plausible arguments of those who expect to maintain power.
- The power of one is above all things the power to believe in yourself, often well beyond any latent ability you may have previously demonstrated. The mind is the athlete, the body is simply the means it uses to run faster or longer, jump higher, shoot straighter, kick better, swim harder, hit further or box better.
Just some things to think about while you sweat it out! What’s next for inspirational reading? It’s Not About the Bike: My Journey Back to Life by Lance Armstrong – in the spirit of the upcoming Tour de France!
I’m off for some training sessions with clients, and then my own cardio workout! Catch ya lata (be sure to let me know if you get movin’ today!)